NCC 2016 Vol One Amendment 1 Public Comment Draft
The NCC will be amended out-of-cycle prior to NCC 2019. This amendment is a result of a Building Ministers’ direction to the ABCB to expedite completing and adopting actions involving changes to the NCC from a comprehensive package of measures for fire safety in high rise buildings, developed following the Lacrosse Apartments fire in Melbourne. The key aspects of the amendment cover:
- A new Verification Method that adopts the external wall testing standard, AS 5113.
- Improving the evidence of suitability provisions.
- Clarifying the DTS Provisions relating to the fire performance of external walls.
- Referencing an updated sprinkler standard, AS 2118.
This amendment is now available for public comment.
Supporting materials will accompany the amendment when it is published by the ABCB. The ABCB Fire Performance of External Walls and Cladding Advisory Note will be updated to reflect the amended provisions and a new Evidence of Suitability Handbook will complement the revised evidence of suitability provisions.
For a comment to be considered it must be submitted by 10 September 2017 using the process described below. Only comments related to the proposed changes in the NCC 2016 Volume One Amendment 1 will be considered.
Information submitted will not be released unless required by law, but may be made available to the ABCB and its committees if required. Information collected may be subject to requests made under the Freedom of Information Act 1982.
1. Review the NCC 2016 Volume One Amendment 1 Public Comment Draft.
2. Submit feedback by completing this online response form by 10th September 2017.