CFMEU VIC committed to continue supporting women in construction
CFMEU VIC is supporting the research in the Women in Construction: Exploring the Barriers and Supportive Enablers of Wellbeing in the Workplace report released by RMIT University.
The construction union says it recognises that ongoing improvements must be made to drive change and inclusivity and we continue to lead, meeting with building industry committees, heads of associations and government industrial relations experts to increase female representation in construction and maintain safe, respectful, and supportive workplaces.
It adds that with its commitment to championing and supporting women in the industry, its most recent EBA includes the following:
- New industry modernisation clause which requires Employers to ensure women Employees are treated with respect and without discrimination, harassment or bullying
- Inductions and ongoing training and education on gendered violence
- Increases on parental and partner leave
- Flexible work arrangements (Trials with builders for shift sharing to help families)
- Further amenities and protection for our female members