Developing Industry Standards
The Australasian Thermographers Association has engaged The Haystack Group to order a scoping study into the thermal imaging industry and the need for national standards and qualifications.
As the first review of its kind into the thermal imaging industry in Australia, the scoping study will aim to provide an in-depth insight into the current use of thermal imaging in Australia; covering all industries, users and the diverse range of non-accredited qualifications and certifications.
- Identify all thermal imaging operators
- Identify all industry sectors using thermal imaging
- Review the size and magnitude of the thermal imaging industry across Australia; number of operators, number of industries, current revenue and projected industry growth
- Identify preliminary framework of current skill sets across all thermographers
- Identify all current RTO’s (Registered Training Organisations) delivering non-accredited training courses
- Identify all hazards, risks and non-compliant regulatory issues present as a result of a non-regulated industry
- Engage with all relevant industry bodies, government departments, regulatory bodies relevant to the thermal imaging industry; understand their current level of involvement and potential appetite to develop industry standards
- Understand the nature and type of hazards present in the current thermal imaging industry
- Investigate and evidence the impact of thermal imaging being undertaken in an unregulated environment; case studies and impact statements
- Identify all ‘third party’ industries with (current or) potential to be negatively impacted by the unregulated thermal imaging industry
Have your say by telling us about your experiences within the thermal imaging industry. You will impact and contribute to the development of new standards.