Kingspan Insulated Panels fully compliant with latest NCC
Kingspan Insulated Panels has reassured architects and specifiers that it is fully compliant with the new National Construction Code (NCC), which came into effect 1 May 2020.
Complying with the new performance requirements can help reduce greenhouse gas emissions in Australia and architects and specifiers need to be confident that their choice of material can deliver the best performance according to the NCC.
Kingspan Insulated Panels systems fully comply with key aspects of the NCC including:
- Aged lambda: this measures the thermal performance delivered by a product at the end of its life. Kingspan Insulated Panels offers a 25-year warranty and its panels still perform to the same levels at the end of their life as they did the day they were installed.
- R values: the new NCC requires manufacturers to calculate R values for summer conditions and winter conditions, and the requirements vary according to Australia’s eight different climate zones. Six of these climate zones require R values to be calculated for summer conditions, while the remaining two require R values to be calculated for winter conditions due to the extremes in temperature in these different zones. Kingspan panel systems are all fully compliant with the R values required by the new NCC.
- Thermal bridging: Built-up systems have external layers that are attached through fixings, creating a thermal bridge and letting heat out, which reduces energy efficiency. Because Kingspan Insulated Panels systems are all-in-one, there is no thermal bridging. This means Kingspan offers the best and simplest solution to meet R value requirements in the new NCC.
- AS/NZS 4859.1: This part of the Australian and New Zealand standards covers the building product’s performance as declared. This includes aged lambda and other claims by the manufacturer.
- AS/NZS 4859.2: The second part of the Australian and New Zealand standards covers the material’s performance once it is installed. This is always project-specific; however, Kingspan Insulated Panels products offer, at minimum, double the R value required by the code. By contrast, built-up solutions may struggle to meet the minimum R value requirements according to the code.